Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Reasons Why:

Prior to the surgery, I had a consultation with a nutritionist that asked me to write down, in my own words, all the reasons I wanted to have this surgery. Below is the list I’ve come up with so far, and I plan for it to be an evolving list as I continue down my path.

  • To be comfortable in my own clothing
  • To be comfortable in my own skin
  • To look good naked
  • To be able to keep up with my 3 year old
  • To wear my wedding band again
  • To wear a bathing suit in public, around friends and family
  • To wear shorts again
  • To wear all the clothes in my closet (sized 18 – 8) and beyond
  • To enjoy food, not have a love/hate relationship with it
  • To be sexy to my husband (though he says I already am)
  • To NOT be the fat mom and embarrass my son
  • To be in family pictures
  • To be able to travel comfortably
  • To ride a bike
  • To not be self conscious
  • To go to my 20 year high school reunion in a fabulous dress (2012)
  • To avoid future obesity related health issues

So that is my list so far. I know I will add to it, but I hope to be checking these off one by one, as soon as possible!

And WOW! I have FOLLOWERS! That is amazing! Thank you all for taking the time to read and comment.

1 comment:

  1. Great reasons! I know you will do well with these motivators in mind :)

    ReplyDelete